Workshop in Tuscany
September 13th to 20th, 2023
Join me for a fully inclusive tour including meals, exploration and painting instruction.
I’ve been invited to paint at the beautiful Villa Nobile near Cortona, well known from the film “Under the Tuscan Sun”, perched high on the hillside of Mount Egidio, surrounded by olive groves and age-old cypresses.
My painting approach is perfect for beginners and advanced alike. Are you brand new to painting? Or experienced, but interested in painting plein air, and maybe loosening up your style? I am passionate about capturing colour and atmosphere, with detail being secondary. Plein air painting is ideal for this practice; capturing mood and environment.
So much more than a regular workshop, we will have the chance for lots of conversations over meals together with our group of like-minded artists. This is a unique opportunity and will be an unforgettable experience for us all.
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Wine, water & coffee with evening meals.
- All accommodation
- Minibus transport from start to finish
- The bulk of your equipment (i.e. boards, chairs, and easels)
- Demonstrations and instruction
- Travel insurance / emergencies
- Visa fees and entry clearing fees
- Minibar and extras between Meals
- Paints, brushes, canvas (though a selection of materials and stretched canvases are available at cost price).
Although we have an itinerary we always make a point of saying that the itinerary is subject to change. (We will communicate this to the group in advance or on arrival).
Day 1 – Arrival. Pick up point Rome Fiumicino Airport. Settle into your accommodation , then meet for pre evening dinner, meet everyone over a lovely dinner with wine & talk about the week ahead & our expectations.
Day 2 – Easy start to our first day painting around the grounds of Villa Nobile as we discuss what you would most like to achieve from this workshop. Lunch & continue into the evening. Dinner out in Cortona.
Days 3 thru 6 – Travel to some of these stunning villages and locations:
- Cantina Ercolani Winery (for wine tasting)
- Local Countryside, Gaggiole
- SantAntimo (a beautiful 11thC Abbey still run by monks)
- Trequanda (small quiet town with small church & quaint streets
- San Feliciano at Lake Trasimeno
- Pienza (famed for its Pecorino cheeses)
- Montepulciano (known for its wonderful wines)
Breaks for lunch, continue painting till around 4:30, typically returning to Villa Nobile for dinner.
We will also spend some of our days at the studio on site, where we can paint still life and maybe even from a model.
Day 7 – Orvieto – Painting until about 3pm. Early finish for appraisal of the 7 days work.
- €2775 per person (single)
= $3665 CDN (approx)
- €2575 per person (double occupancy)
= $3400 CDN (approx)
Please pass this on to anyone else who may be interested,
bring a friend, or suggest as an amazing gift idea.
I would love to paint with you in Italy!